Professional Active 500 Watt 18" PA Subwoofer with Built-In Stereo Crossover.
EUROLIVE VQ1800D and VQ1500D active subwoofers are ideal for adding serious bottom end to DJ and club rigs. Packed with an incredible array of professional features, these little powerhouses provide lots of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
Professional Active 500 Watt 18" PA Sub-woofer with Built-In Stereo Crossover.
EUROLIVE VQ1800D and VQ1500D active sub-woofers are ideal for adding serious bottom end to DJ and club rigs. Packed with an incredible array of professional features, these little powerhouses provide lots of low-end punch, with the kind of definition and clarity typically reserved for much larger systems.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class D amps are either fully on or fully off, significantly reducing power losses given off as heat. Less heat generation means Behringer's amps don't need massive heat sinks and all that unnecessary added weight. Behringer's no compromise design allows VQ Series sub-woofers to deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long. When used in conjunction with switching-mode power supplies, which don't require huge and heavy transformers, Behringer's VQ Series' Class D amplifiers provide tremendous punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up.
The VQ1800D and VQ1500D feature balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR Thru jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A Boost Frequency knob targets a frequency between 40 Hz and 90 Hz. Flick the Boost switch to give your selected frequency a +6 dB boost. These subs also feature a High Cut dial to control the upper corner frequency (70 – 150 Hz) for the sub-woofer's amplifier. The High Cut dial does not affect the Thru or Output signals, only the signals directed to the sub-woofer. A Level knob controls the Input gain, and the Phase switch reverses output phase to compensate for frequency cancellation between the sub-woofer and satellite speakers. LED's show operational status at a glance, including Power, Signal present and Limit.
As you have probably noticed, Behringer makes VQ Series sub-woofers in two different woofer sizes. Which one is right for you? Bass speakers, such as the kind used in sub-woofers, create punch and impact by moving air. An 18" woofer has about 30% more surface area than a 15", so it can move a much larger column of air. If you're running sound for a small jazz combo in a nightclub, a single VQ1500D might be all you'll need. But, if you're providing a pulse pounding dance mix to a large standing room only crowd, you might need a pair of VQ1800Ds, or more to get the job done.
- Professional 500 Watt powered sub-woofer for PA applications
- Powerful 18" long-excursion transducer with high temperature voice coil provides incredibly accurate and pulse-pounding bass
- Precise reproduction of ultra-low frequencies for "bulletproof" punch and impact
- State-of-the-art 500 Watt Class D amplifier with comprehensive over-excursion, thermal and clip limit protection
- Built-in active stereo crossover provides high-pass filtered outputs for full-range loudspeakers
- Tunable and switchable Bass Boost plus Phase switch for ultimate low-frequency performance
- Variable High Cut control for perfect sound alignment
- Sub-woofer Level control to adjust the balance between sub-woofer and the full-range speakers
- Power, Signal and Clip LED's for perfect monitoring
- Intelligent limiter for maximum sound performance and woofer protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Pole socket for mounting with commercial spacer poles
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy transport
- Rugged steel grill for optimal speaker protection
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- Professional Active 500-Watt 18" PA Sub-woofer with Built-In Stereo Crossover
- Ideally suited for use with any of our active 2-way loudspeakers. Packed with a powerful 500-Watt Class-D amplifier, 18" long-excursion Low-Frequency (LF) transducer and an incredible array of professional features
- The VQ1800D active sub-woofer is capable of extremely high sound pressure levels: 124 dB (Full Space, 1 W @ 1 m), with a frequency range of 40 - 200 Hz.
- The VQ1800D features balanced XLR inputs and outputs, as well as balanced XLR Thru jacks for connecting additional enclosures. A Boost Frequency knob targets a boost frequency between 40 and 90 Hz.
- The VQ1800D also has a High Cut dial that provides precision control over the upper-corner frequency of the sub-woofer's amplifier
- Depth (mm): 671
- Height (mm): 528
- Width (mm): 566
- Net weight (Kg): 38.2
- Colour: Black